Welcome to Pico Union Neighborhood Council
PUNC promotes public participation in government and works to improve government responsiveness to local concerns.
PUNC is comprised of stakeholders who share a common goal. That goal is to continually improve the neighborhood and make it a better and safer place to live. PUNC is charged with enduring the integrity of spirit of the bylaws and guidelines set forth by the City of Los Angeles.
The Purpose Statement of PUNC is to participate as an advisory body on issues of concern to our neighborhood council and in the governance of the City of Los Angeles.
The Mission of this council is to provide an inclusive open forum for public discussion of issues concerning City governance, the needs of this neighborhood council, delivery of City services to this neighborhood council and on matters of a Citywide nature.
PUNC General Board Meetings are held every 1st Monday at Kolping House 1225 S. Union Los Angeles CA 90015 . You are invited to come and let your voice be heard. This is the only way PUNC can address your concerns and issues.
June 1, 2015
What a performance by PUNC! Between
January to June 2015 the Pico-Union Neighborhood Council has out perform themselves by unanimously passing motions and creating partnerships, crucial to the development and improvement of this community.
PICO-UNION NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL
Motions Passed and Partnerships established by the Pico-Union Neighborhood Council starting January 1, 2015 through June 1, 2015:
- Partnership with Korean Youth Cultural Center and Pico-Union Neighborhood Council to distribute 1000 free trees;
- Partnership with Korean Youth Cultural Center and Pico-Union Neighborhood Council for the First Annual Latino Korean Forum;
- Partnership with Korean Youth Cultural Center and Pico-Union Neighborhood Council in the “Card Under 35” Campaign to create a safer Pico-Union by lowering underage drinking;
- Pico-Union Neighborhood Council and Korean Youth Cultural Center create a partnership to remove graffiti in Districts 1, 2, 3;
- Partnership with the Alcohol Center for Women in District 2 and Pico-Union Neighborhood Council to promote the First Farmer’s Market in the Pico-Union District.
- Pico-Union Neighborhood Council approves the construction of the first CVS store coming to the
- Pico-Union District which will offer more shopping and employment options for residents.
- Pico-Union Neighborhood Council approves construction of the first senior and affordable family housing 186 unit building;
- Pico-Union Neighborhood Council approves construction in the district 2 of a 198 unit hotel;
- Pico-Union Neighborhood Council creates a partnership with the Korean Youth Cultural Center for an annual cleanup in collaboration with the Los Angeles Police Department to clean-up District 2, attended by 100 people.
Don't miss the next General Board Meeting on Monday July 6, 2015 @6:30PM!
Location: Kolping House Auditorium, 1225 S. Union Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90015