Welcome to Pico Union Neighborhood Council
PUNC promotes public participation in government and works to improve government responsiveness to local concerns.
PUNC is comprised of stakeholders who share a common goal. That goal is to continually improve the neighborhood and make it a better and safer place to live. PUNC is charged with enduring the integrity of spirit of the bylaws and guidelines set forth by the City of Los Angeles.
The Purpose Statement of PUNC is to participate as an advisory body on issues of concern to our neighborhood council and in the governance of the City of Los Angeles.
The Mission of this council is to provide an inclusive open forum for public discussion of issues concerning City governance, the needs of this neighborhood council, delivery of City services to this neighborhood council and on matters of a Citywide nature.
PUNC General Board Meetings are held every 1st Monday at Kolping House 1225 S. Union Los Angeles CA 90015 . You are invited to come and let your voice be heard. This is the only way PUNC can address your concerns and issues.
January 7th 2015
Greetings Pico Union Community!
This year, the board would like to encourage increased participation in our community, whether it be as a stakeholder, business member, or community leader. We want people who are looking to make a difference in their neighborhood.
Looking back on 2014, (June - December) we would like to thank all of those that helped us accomplish the following;
- Partnership with Clean LA Coalition
- Partnership with Children's Hospital
- Partnership with National Nigh-out (Olympic & Rampart Division Police Department)
- Partnership with the 13th Annual Multicultural Fair (St. Vincent Medical Center)
- Partnership with Citizen Police Academy (Rampart & Olympic Division Police Department)
- Town Hall meeting with Olympic & Rampart Division Police Captain
- Partnership with Pico Union NC District 1, 2, & 3 Emergency Preparedness Training
- Town Hall Meeting with a) Empower LA General Manger Grayce Liu and b) NC Commission President Karen Mack
- Sponsoring Partnership with the Rampart Police Division and LA City Attorney to introduce new neighborhood prosecutor Mark Ross
- Created Newsletters via Social Media
- Partnership with KYCC to remove graffiti from Districts 1, 2, & 3
- Partnership with Korea Daily Newspaper and The Drinking Water Campaign to promote healthy life style for our community.
- Partnership with Wilshire Work Source Center to create Metro Bus Driver Jobs for people of the community
- Partnership with Youth Policy Institute to give youth an opportunity to earn their GED
Our Next General Board Meeting is on Monday February 2nd 2015 @6:30PM,
I wish you a Happy & Healthy New Year!
Location: Kolping House Auditorium, 1225 S. Union Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90015
Lugar de la oficina: Casa Kolping, 1225 S. Union Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90015